The BERMAD C60 is a high quality combination air valve for a variety of sewage and wastewater networks and operating conditions. It evacuates air during pipeline filling, allows efficient release of air and gas pockets from pressurized pipes, and enables large volume air intake in the event of network draining.
With its advanced aerodynamic design, double orifice and anti-slam / slow closing device, this valve provides excellent protection against air and gas accumulation, surge and
water hammers with improved sealing under low pressure conditions.
- Straight flow cast ductile iron body with nominal (equal) inlet and outlet size – Higher than usual flow rates.
- Aerodynamic full-body kinetic shield – Prevents premature closing, without disturbing air intake or discharge.
- Dynamic Sealing – Prevents leakage even under low pressure conditions (0.1 bar).
- Two optional outlets (sideways, circular-surround mushroom configuration) that can swivel 360° – Easy to install in a variety of site conditions.
- Elongated body design with non-stick coating – Prevents solids from clogging valve or making contact with valve’s operating parts.
- Compact, simple, robust and reliable structure with fully corrosion-resistant parts – Lower maintenance and increased life span.
- Designed in compliance with AWWA C-512 standard.
- Two service ports – Positioned to create powerful vortex during back flushing and drainage.
- Factory Approval and Quality Control – Performance and specification tested and measured with specialized test bench, including vacuum pressure conditions.
- Sewage and wastewater pumping stations – Air relief, vacuum prevention and surge protection.
- Sewage and wastewater pipelines – Protection against air and gas accumulation and vacuum
formation at elevations, slope change points and at road / river crossings. Protection
against vacuum formation, surge and water hammer at points likely to experience water
- Municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants – Protection against air and gas accumulation and vacuum formation.