- “Always Full” Firewater Reservoir
- Ideal for High level reservoirs & water towers
- Safer firewater filling
- Self operation with No Float
- Suitable for horizontal or vertical installation
The BERMAD FP 450-82 Level Control Valve is a hydraulically controlled, diaphragm actuated automatic control valve that shuts at pre-set high reservoir level and opens in response to level drop, keeping the reservoir full.
The water level is maintained by the use of a highly accurate pilot valve that precisely senses the water level head from a sensing point at the bottom of the reservoir and controls the main filling valve accordingly.
This eliminates the need for the installation of a float mechanism, making it ideal for high level reservoirs.
- Line-pressure driven
– Independent operation
- No Float
– Simple installation
– Easy accessibility
- Rugged Reliability
– Single-piece fully supported rolling diaphragm
– Obstacle-free unobstructed flow path
- Hydraulically Restrained Actuation
– Quiet and smooth operation
- High Performance
– High flow capacity
– Low pressure operation
- External Installation
– Easy access to valve
– Simple level setting
– Less wear and tear
- In-Line Serviceable
– Quick and easy maintenance
- Flexible Design
-Simple addition of factory supplied features
Major Additional Features
- Standard: 2-14 meter Setting Altitude Pilot – FP 450-82-M6
- 5-22 meter Setting Altitude Pilot – FP 450-82-M5
- 15-35 meter Setting Altitude Pilot – FP 450-82-M4
- 25-70 meter Setting Altitude Pilot – FP 450-82-M8
nnPressure sustaining (for 450-82) – 453-82
The Model FP 450-82 senses the static head of the water level in the tank by means of a high sensitivity altitude pilot valve.
To do so accurately, the sensing tube end must be connected to a “still point” at the bottom of the tank.
The drainage pipe provides this “still point”, a location not influenced by flow velocity as with the filling and outflow pipes.
In firewater reservoirs, the water level should be kept as constant as possible, with a highly accurate altitude pilot valve the Model FP 450-82 is well suited to fulfill this requirement.
The altitude pilot is highly sensitive to changes and accurately maintains the reservoir water level to within a few centimeters.