The Model 730-55 Pressure Relief/Sustaining Valve with Solenoid Control is a hydraulically operated, diaphragm actuated control valve that sustains minimum pre-set, upstream (back)pressure regardless of fluctuating flow or varying downstream pressure. It also either opens or closes in response to an electric signal. When installed as a circulation valve, the Model 730-55 relieves excessive line pressure when above maximum pre-set.
- Line pressure driven – Independent operation
- Solenoid controlled
- Low power consumption
- Wide ranges of pressures and voltages
- Normally Open, Normally Closed, or Last Position
- Balanced seal disk – High relief flow capacity
- In-line serviceable – Easy maintenance
- Double chamber design
- Moderated valve reaction
- Protected diaphragm
- Flexible design – Easy addition of features
- Variety of accessories – Perfect mission matching
- “Y” or angle, wide body – Minimized pressure loss
- Semi-straight flow – Non-turbulent flow
- Stainless Steel raised seat – Cavitation damage resistant
- Obstacle free, full bore – Uncompromising reliability
- V-Port Throttling Plug – Low flow stability
- Circulating Valve with Reservoir Overflow Protection
Water is supplied to the consumer network from the reservoir or directly from the major supply network:
- During pumping from the reservoir, the Normaly Closed Model 730-55, with energized solenoid, serves as a circulation valve.
- During direct supply, pressure might be higher than pilot setting, possibly causing reservoir overflow. The de-energized solenoid keeps the Model 730-55 closed, preventing reservoir filling from this source.