Browse catalog by:
Pressure Relief/ Sustaining Valve
The Model 730 Pressure Relief/Sustaining Valve is a hydraulically operated, diaphragm actuated control valve that can fulfill either of two separate functions. When installed in-line, it sustains minimum pre-set, upstream (back) pressure regardless of fluctuating flow or varying downstream pressure. When installed as a circulation valve, it relieves excessive line pressure when above maximum pre-set.
Features and Benefits
- Line pressure driven – Independent operation
- Balanced seal disk – High relief flow capacity
- In-line serviceable – Easy maintenance
- Double chamber design
- Moderated valve reaction
- Protected diaphragm
- Flexible design – Easy addition of features
- Variety of accessories – Perfect mission matching
- “Y” or angle, wide body – Minimized pressure loss
- Semi-straight flow – Non-turbulent flow
- Stainless Steel raised seat – Cavitation damage resistant
- Obstacle free, full bore – Uncompromising reliability
- V-Port Throttling Plug – Low flow stability"
Pump Overload and Cavitation Protection
The Model 730 sustains pump discharge pressure, preventing pump overload and cavitation damage caused by excessive demand. By connecting the pilot sensing line to pump suction, the Model 730 becomes Model 730R which sustains pump suction pressure. Where suction pressure regimes vary, the Model 736 is needed to limit pump flow by sustaining pump differential pressure.
Pressure Relief/ Sustaining