Hydraulically operated, pressure reducing control valve that reduces higher upstream pressure to lower constant downstream pressure, regardless of fluctuating demand or varying upstream pressure
BERMAD 400 series valves are hydraulically operated, simple and reliable, globe valves with full bore hydrodynamic body providing an unobstructed flow path and superior performance. The valves balanced rolling-diaphragm assembly is vulcanized with a rugged radial seal disk construction, performing as the valves only moving part.
- High quality construction materials ensure reliable, long lasting operation
- Full bore valve port area and hydrodynamic body ensure unobstructed flow path; minimal pressure loss with low cavitation damage
- Fully supported and balanced rolling diaphragm – low actuation pressure and excellent low flow regulation performance
- Ensured operation after long standby periods
- Straightforward three major components design – easy and simple on-site inline maintenance with minimal down time
- 2-way pilot and control loop that continuously sense downstream pressure and immediately control the valve accordingly, providing stable, reliable and accurate pressure modulation under a wide range of flow-rate and pressure conditions
- Line Pressure Driven – Independent operation, no external power needed
- On-site adjustable pilot allows simple and easy calibration of required pressure level
- Pressure control of potable water supply lines in building operating under moderate conditions
- Excessive pressure protection of low-grade plastic supply lines in buildings
- Protection of main supply lines of high-rise buildings where the building’s lower zones are exposed to excessive pressure
- Protection of high pressure zones and emergency systems of high-rise buildings
- In parallel, redundant and duty cycled branches where uninterrupted water supply systems are required
Pressure Reducing Station, featuring BERMAD BC-420-P valves to reduce high incoming pressure to a lower downstream set-point, a redundant, parallel branch to minimize the possibility of total water shut-off and a low flow bypass branch for low demand operation.
For information on the other BERMAD products in this system please see the product data sheet for the BERMAD BC-43Q-P and BERMAD BC-70F-P.