Pressure relief/sustaining hydraulically operated control valve that fulfills either of two separate functions: When installed in-line, it sustains minimum pre-set, upstream (back) pressure, regardless of fluctuating flow or varying downstream pressure. When installed as a circulation valve, it relieves excessive line pressure when above a pre-set maximum level.
The valve is equipped with a full opening eclectic override device, triggered by an external control signal.
BERMAD 400 series valves are hydraulically operated, simple and reliable, globe valves with full bore hydrodynamic body providing an unobstructed flow path and superior performance.
The valves balanced rolling-diaphragm assembly is vulcanized with a rugged radial seal disk construction, performing as the valves only moving part.
- High quality construction materials ensure reliable, long lasting operation
- Full bore valve port area and hydrodynamic body ensure unobstructed flow path; minimal pressure loss with low cavitation damage
- Fully supported and balanced rolling diaphragm – low actuation pressure and excellent low flow regulation performance
- Ensured operation after long standby periods
- Straightforward design of three major components – easy and simple on-site inline maintenance with minimal down time
- Immediate valve response
- On-site adjustable pilot allows simple and easy calibration of required pressure level
- System failure indication in pressure relief configuration provides visual indication to maintenance personnel of aberrant operation conditions that require immediate attention
- Electrical operation. Low voltage and low current NO and NC solenoids
- Fire protection pumping stations – pre-opening feature for anticipating pump start-up and shut-off surge (controlled by the pump control board)
- Protection from the effects of bursts and extreme pressure in fire protection systems in buildings
- Relief of excessive pressure in hydrant pumping stations