Pressure relief/sustaining hydraulically operated control valve that can fulfill either of two separate functions: When installed in-line, it sustains minimum pre-set, upstream (back) pressure regardless of fluctuating flow or varying downstream pressure. When installed as a “branched from the line” circulation valve it relieves excessive line pressure when above maximum pre-set.
BERMAD 400 series valves are hydraulically operated, simple and reliable, globe valves with full bore hydrodynamic body providing an unobstructed flow path and superior performance. The valves balanced rolling-diaphragm assembly is vulcanized with a rugged radial seal disk construction, performing as the valves only moving part.
- High quality construction materials ensure reliable, long lasting operation
- Full bore valve port area and hydrodynamic body ensure unobstructed flow path; minimal pressure loss with low cavitation damage
- Fully supported and balanced rolling diaphragm – low actuation pressure and excellent low flow regulation performance
- Ensured operation after long standby periods
- Straightforward three major components design – easy and simple on-site inline maintenance with minimal down time
- 2-way pilot and control loop that continuously sense upstream pressure and immediately control the valve accordingly, providing stable, reliable and accurate pressure modulation under a wide range of flow-rate and pressure conditions
- Line Pressure Driven – Independent operation, no external power needed
- On-site adjustable pilot allows simple and easy calibration of required pressure level
- Protection from the effects of bursts and extreme pressure in buildings potable water systems
- High pressure safety relief valve in potable water pressure reduction systems
- Pressure sustaining control of buildings reservoir filling systems such as: basement, roof-top, pressure breaking and emergency tanks, where the supply line also feeds additional high priority
- Pressure sustaining control in buildings pressure zones which contain various prioritized users
- As a safety device for pumping stations temporarily operated out of their regular regime, where stable and constant pressure relief is required
The BERMAD BC-430-P As a pressure sustaining valve that recycles water back to the reservoir at stagnate pump operation, it will remain close when raiser pressure is normal. In an event where the pump works at low flows and high head, the BC-430-P will open to allow sufficient water circulation and pump cooling.
Also featured is the BC-740-P Active-Check Valve that coordinates start / stop functions simultaneously with the pump controller.