Pressure relief/sustaining hydraulically operated control valve that fulfills either of two separate functions: When installed in-line, it sustains minimum pre-set, upstream (back) pressure, regardless of fluctuating flow or varying downstream pressure.
When installed as a circulation valve, it relieves excessive line pressure when above a pre-set maximum level. BERMAD 400 series valves are hydraulically operated, simple and reliable, globe valves with full bore hydrodynamic body providing an unobstructed flow path and superior performance.
The valves balanced rolling-diaphragm assembly is vulcanized with a rugged radial seal disk construction, performing as the valves only moving part.
- High quality construction materials ensure reliable, long lasting operation
- Fully supported and balanced rolling diaphragm – low actuation pressure and excellent low flow regulation performance
- Ensured operation after long standby periods
- Straightforward design of three major components – easy and simple on-site inline maintenance with minimal down time
- Immediate valve response
- On-site adjustable pilot allows simple and easy calibration of required pressure level
- Burst protection based on hydraulic force of line pressure, requires no external power source
- System failure indication in pressure relief configuration provides visual indication to maintenance personnel of aberrant operation conditions that require immediate attention
- Pilot and control loop designed for long-lasting and reliable operation even after long standby periods
- Protection from the effects of bursts and extreme pressure in UL/FM approved fire protection systems in buildings
- Excessive pressure relief in sprinkler pumping stations
- High pressure safety relief for sprinkler pressure reduction systems
- Pressure sustaining for sprinkler systems