Hydraulically operated, diaphragm actuated shut-off valve that closes drip tight when inlet pressure rises above a pre-set value. It responds immediately, accurately, and with high repeatability to a rise in system pressure by closing fully and triggering an alarm.
BERMAD 700 series valves are hydraulic, oblique pattern, globe valves with double chamber unitized actuator, that can be disassembled from the body as a separate integral unit. The valves hydrodynamic body is designed for unobstructed flow path and provides excellent and highly effective modulation capacity for high differential pressure applications.
- High Quality Construction Materials – Reliable, resilient and long lasting operation
- Robust Design – Suitable for constant, intense operation
- In-Line Serviceable – Quick and easy maintenance and service
- Line Pressure Driven – Independent operation, no external power needed
- Unitized Actuator Assembly – Minimal downtime
- Hydrodynamic Body with Unobstructed Flow Path – Minimal noise and cavitation damage
- 2-Way Control Loop – Immediate, accurate response to sudden system variations
- Adjustable Pilot – Easy field pressure setting and calibration
- Protected Diaphragm – Minimizes chance of damage caused by debris in the pipeline
- System Failure Indication – Immediate notification to maintenance personnel
- Closes to provide protection from pressure rise due to malfunctioning PRV
- Provides safety for systems designed with Pressure Reducing Stations featuring redundant branches
- Where operation of a pressure relief valve must be avoided
Note: When Operating, the BERMAD BC-794-P vents water to atmosphere. It is recommended that drainage be taken into consideration during design and installation.
Note: The BERMAD BC-794-P should be used in systems with redundant branches to prevent total water shut-off. For single line systems, consider the BERMAD BC-72S-H-P or the BERMAD BC-73Q-P
Pressure Reducing Station, featuring BERMAD BC-794-P valves to prevent high pressure from reaching consumers, a redundant, parallel branch to minimize the possibility of total water shut-off and a low flow bypass branch for low demand operation.
For information on the other BERMAD products in this system please see the product data sheet for the BERMAD BC-720-P and BERMAD BC-70F-P.