- Reservoir filling
- Line-Pressure Driven
- Bi-Level Electric Float Switch
– On/Off – non modulating
– No hydraulic sensing tubes
– Suited to various types of level sensors
– Solenoid Controlled
– Low power consumption
– Normally open / normally closed
- Rugged Reliability
– Single-piece fully supported rolling diaphragm
-Obstacle-free unobstructed flow path
– Suitable for poor quality water
- Hydraulically Restrained Actuation
– Non-slam closing
– Quiet and smooth operation
- High Performance
– High flow capacity
– Low operating pressure
- External Installation
– Easy access to valve
– Simple level setting
– Less wear and tear
- In-line Serviceable
– Quick and easy maintenance
- Flexible Design
– Simple addition of factory supplied features
Major Additional Features
- Closing surge prevention – 450-65-49
- Hydraulic float back-up – 450-65-66
- Altitude pilot back-up – 450-65-80
- Relief override – 450-65-3Q
- Pressure sustaining valve – 453-65
- Flow control valve – 457-65-U
For further options, See relevant BERMAD publications.
Reservoirs vary in their characteristics – location, elevation, filling and emptying flow and pressure, surface area, etc. These various characteristics require various level control valve solutions.
The Model FP 450-65 is the ideal solution for level control in reservoirs – shallow and deep, low and high elevation, rooftop and basement, in water towers, and wherever electric power is available.
Rooftop reservoir level control is attained by electric control of the basement pumps according to reservoir level. As overflow of a rooftop reservoir can cause costly damage, additional backup protection is recommended. The Model FP 450-65 is suited to this
function. When open, it presents minimal interference, but when needed, it shuts off securely.
To ensure supply pressure to upper floor consumers or the fire protection system, install the Model FP 420 or 42T Pressure Control Valve upstream from the Model FP 450-65.