Get In Touch
Surge Anticipating Valve IR-735-55-M
The Model 735-55-M Surge Anticipating Valve with Solenoid Control is an off-line, hydraulically operated, diaphragm actuated valve. The valve immediately opens in direct response to any power failure even prior to the pressure drop associated with abrupt pump stoppage. The pre-opened valve dissipates the returning high pressure wave, eliminating the surge. The Model 735-55-M, sensing line pressure, smoothly closes drip-tight as quickly as the relief feature allows, while preventing closing surge. The valve also relieves excessive system pressure.
- Replaces surge air vessels
- Relieves surge, fail-safe open
- Minimal maintenance
- Economy of space
- Lower investment and maintenance costs
- Especially economic for higher pressure ratings
- Solenoid controlled
- Low cost wiring
- Wide range of pressures
- Line pressure driven
- No motor required
- Adjustable hydraulic actuation
- Double chamber
- Moderated valve closing (no surges)
- Protected diaphragm
- In-line serviceable – Easy maintenance
- Obstacle free, full bore – Uncompromising reliability
- Balanced seal disk – High flow capacity
In this system, a pump battery supplies the main line through a manifold. The Model 735-55-M:
- Eliminates surge upon power failure
- Provides surge free switching between “on-duty” pumps.
- Closes smoothly according to pilot setting
The solenoid control is especially advantageous when:
- Static pressure is lower than 3 bar (45 psi)
- Discharge line is short and wave critical time is less than 3 seconds.
- Electric control is preferred due to maintenance considerations.
Browse catalog by: