The Model BC-735-55-P Surge Anticipating Valve with Solenoid Control is an off-line, hydraulically operated, diaphragm actuated valve. The valve immediately opens in direct response to any power failure even prior to the pressure drop associated with abrupt pump stoppage. The pre-opened valve dissipates the returning high pressure wave, eliminating the surge. The BC-735-55-P, sensing line pressure, smoothly closes drip-tight as quickly as the relief feature allows, while preventing closing surge. The valve also relieves excessive system pressure. BERMAD 700 series valves are hydraulic, oblique pattern, globe valves with double chamber unitized actuator, that can be disassembled from the body as a separate integral unit. The valves hydrodynamic body is designed for unobstructed flow path and provides excellent and highly effective modulation capacity for high differential pressure applications.
- Replaces surge air vessels – Economy of space, lower investment and maintenance costs
- Adjustable Excessive Pressure Pilot – Easy field pressure setting and calibration
- High Quality Construction Materials – Reliable, resilient and long lasting operation
- Robust Design – Suitable for constant, intense operation
- In-Line Serviceable – Quick and easy maintenance and service
- Line Pressure Driven – Independent operation with solenoid trigger
- Unitized Actuator Assembly – Minimal downtime
- Hydrodynamic Body with Unobstructed Flow Path – Minimal noise and cavitation damage
- Protected Diaphragm – Minimizes chance of damage caused by debris in the pipeline
Note: the model comes equipped with flow stem for sizing flexibility
- Transfer pumps systems
- Direct supply pumps
- Includes excessive pressure relief
- Where discharge line is short and wave critical time is less than 3 seconds
A soft start/stop pump station with emergency surge protection – in a case of power failure the UPS backed controller will activate the 735-55 to open immediately and anticipate any returning surge from the riser, thus reducing water hammer damage and prolonging equipment lifetime.