The BERMAD model 42T is an elastomeric, line
pressure driven pilot operated pressure control
valve.Designed specifically for advanced fire protection
systems and the latest industry standards.
The 42T reduces high upstream pressure to a
precise, preset, stable downstream pressure.
Due to its exceptional reliability and low head loss
the 42T is ideal for control of fire pump discharge.
It is also well-suited to prevent over-pressure in
sprinklers, hose stations, and other discharge
As an option the 42T can be fitted with a valve
position indicator that can include a limit switch
suitable for Fire & Gas monitoring systems.
Safety and reliability
- Time-proven, simple, safe actuation
- Single piece, rugged, elastomeric VRSD technology
- Obstacle-free, uninterrupted flow path
- stem-less guide with no mechanical moving parts
- Straight-through flow with Minimal pressure loss
- Energy efficient
- Fast, smooth response to pressure fluctuations
- Certified for 20/25 bar (300/365 psi)
Designed for advanced fire protection systems
- Meets the requirements of the NFPA-20 standard
- Face-to-face length standardized to ISO 5752, EN 558-1
Quick and easy maintenance
- In-line serviceable
- No mechanical moving parts
- Quick cover removal without detaching control trim
- Sprinkler feed systems
- Fire pump discharge control
- Hose station supply
- Fire hydrant supply
- Foam systems
- Zonal pressure control
A typical installation of the BERMAD model 42T features a pilot valve for the automatic stable and accurate reduction of water pressure from a high upstream value to a preset lower downstream value, regardless of fluctuating upstream pressure or flow.
A unique actuator design ensures quick and smooth valve action.
Installed singly, the 42T provides a standard pressure-reducing system. Installed in parallel, two 42T valves provide high flow rates, redundancy, and zero downtime for maintenance.
Installed in series, two 42T valves can provide a
two-stage, high reduction in pressure and/or added protection to a reduced-pressure zone.
To comply with the requirements outlined in the FM and UL standards, a pressure relief valve is to be installed on the downstream side of any approved or listed pressure reducing valve.
The BERMAD 43T Pressure Relief valve is ideally suited for this purpose, as shown in the installation illustrations.