Hydraulically operated, diaphragm actuated active check valve that opens fully or shuts off in response to electric signals. It isolates the pump from the system during pump starting and stopping, to prevent pipeline surges.
BERMAD 700 series valves are hydraulic, oblique pattern, globe valves with double chamber unitized actuator, that can be disassembled from the body as a separate integral unit. The valves hydrodynamic body is designed for unobstructed flow path and provides excellent and highly effective modulation capacity for high differential pressure applications.
- High Quality Construction Materials – Reliable, resilient and long lasting operation
- Robust Design – Suitable for constant, intense operation
- In-Line Serviceable – Quick and easy maintenance and service
- Line Pressure Driven – Independent operation, no external power needed
- Unitized Actuator Assembly – Minimal downtime
- Hydrodynamic Body with Unobstructed Flow Path – Minimal noise and cavitation damage
- Protected Diaphragm – Minimizes chance of damage caused by debris in the pipeline
- Provides surge free starting and stopping of supplementary pumps
- Delays reaction of variable speed primary pump when single speed supplementary pump comes on line or goes off line.
Note: Recommended maximum flow velocity: 6.0 m/sec; 20 ft/sec.
Pump Station, featuring the BERMAD BC-740-P valves to slowly introduce pump pressure to the system or slowly remove pump pressure from the system in response to a signal from the pump controller. In power failure situations, the BERMAD BC-740-P valves will check closed to prevent flow back through the pumps.
For information on the other BERMAD products in this system please see the product data sheet for BC-730-P and BC-735-55-P.