The BERMAD model 400Y-1M is an elastomeric, hydraulic, line pressure operated deluge valve, designed specifically for advanced fire protection systems and the latest industry standards. The 400Y-1M is activated by a pressure drop in a fusible plug wet pilot line. Once open the 400Y-1M latches open until locally reset. The optional valve position indicator can include a limit switch suitable for Fire & Gas monitoring systems. The 400Y-1M is ideal for systems with open nozzles for water or foam discharge.
- Safety and reliability
- Time proven, simple, fail-safe actuation
- Single piece, rugged elastomeric diaphragm seal -VRSD technology
- Obstacle-free, uninterrupted flow path
- No mechanical moving parts
- Latches open until reset locally
- Valve position limit switches (optional)
- Local valve position indicator beacon (optional)
- High performance
- Very high flow efficiency
- Straight through flow Y- type body
- Approved for PN25 / 365 psi
- Designed for fire protection
- Face-to-face length standardized to ISO 5752 / EN558-1
- Designed to meet the requirements of the industry standards
- Quick and easy maintenance
- In-line serviceable
- Fast and easy cover removal
- Swivel mounted drain valves *
* not including 1½” & 2” valves
- Hydraulic remote controlled systems
- Automatic water spray
- Foam applications
- Corrosive water systems
A typical installation of the BERMAD model 400Y-1M, features automatic actuation by way of a fusible plug wet pilot line.
It can also be triggered manually using the local manual emergency release.
When open and fitted with a limit switch the valve can send a feedback signal to a remote valve status monitoring system.