The BERMAD model 400Y-6M is an elastomeric, hydraulic, line pressure operated deluge valve, designed specifically for advanced fire protection systems and the latest industry standards.
The 400Y-6M is activated by a 3-way solenoid valve which in turn activates a pneumatic relay valve that latches the main valve open until locally reset.
The optional valve position indicator can include a limit switch suitable for Fire & Gas monitoring systems.
The 400Y-6M is ideal in systems with open nozzles for water or foam discharge, and is available with electric components to suit any hazardous location.
- Safety and reliability
– Time proven, Simple, fail-safe actuation
– Single piece, rugged elastomeric diaphragm seal – VRSD technology
– Obstacle-free, uninterrupted flow path
– No mechanical moving parts
– Latches open: remains open until reset locally
- High performance
– Very high flow efficiency
– Straight through flow Y- type body
– Approved for PN25 / 365 psi
- Specifically designed for fire protection
– Face-to-face length standardized to ISO 5752 / EN 558-1
– Meets the requirements of the industry standards
- Quick and easy maintenance
– In-line serviceable
– Fast and easy cover removal
– Swivel mounted drain valves*
* not including 1½” & 2” valves
- Automatic water spray systems
- Foam applications
- Corrosive water supplies
- Dual redundant detection systems
A typical installation of the BERMAD model 400Y-6M features automatic actuation via a relay valve, triggered by a fusible plug loop.
It can also be triggered electrically by a signal from a fire & gas control system or an on-site
emergency pushbutton. When open and fitted with a limit switch the valve can send a feedback signal to a remote valve status monitoring system.