The Model FP 450-60 Level Control Valve with Modulating Horizontal Float is a hydraulically controlled, diaphragm actuated, control valve that controls reservoir filling to maintain constant water level, regardless of fluctuating demand.
- Line-Pressure Driven
- Modulating hydraulic float
-“Always full” reservoir
- Rugged Reliability
-Single-piece fully supported rolling diaphragm
-Obstacle-free unobstructed flow path
- Hydraulically Restrained Actuation
-Quiet and Smooth operation
- High Performance
-High flow capacity
-Very low opening & closing pressure requirement
- External Installation
-Easy access to valve & float
-Simple level setting
-Less wear and tear
- In-Line Serviceable
-Quick and easy maintenance
- Flexible Design
-Simple addition of factory supplied features
Major Additional Features
- Pressure sustaining – 453-60
- Flow control – 457-60-U
- Electric float backup – 450-60-65
Large Fire Water Reservoirs
Mechanical level control valves present various issues:
- Valves are often at inaccessible locations
- Float and arm assemblies are heavy and cumbersome
- Relatively low maximum pressure
- Tendency for mechanical devices to leak
- Increased valve corrosion due to humid environment inside the tank
- Difficult maintenance
The Model FP 450-60 overcomes these difficulties by applying a float pilot, separated from the the valve itself, which controls a Hydraulic Valve.
Rooftop reservoir level control is attained by electric control of the basement pumps according to reservoir level.
As overflow of a rooftop reservoir can cause costly damage, hydraulic back-up protection is recommended.
Where system design requires an “always full” rooftop reservoir, the Model FP 450-60 is well suited for this function.
- Modulates open immediately when level starts dropping
- Closes securely to prevent overflow
Secured closing, even after long periods of the valve being open, is ensured by the fully developed hydraulic closing force applied over the peripherally and fully supported, single piece, balanced rolling-diaphragm, vulcanized with a rugged radial seal disk.