in fire protection pipelines primarily to prevent the clogging of fire sprinkler
nozzles and other debris sensitve components in water or foam fire systems.
The BERMAD FP-60F-01-D/DV is designed for in-line maintenance available
with a large diameter flushing outlet for immediate and easy screen cleaning.
In addition easy in-line access to the basket screen is enabled, requiring
only the cover removal.
The FP-60F-01-D/DV strainers are also well suited for use upstream of
Pressure Control Valves and Deluge valves as well as other debris sensitive
Fire System Devices.
The ratio of the FP-60F-01-D/DV strainer’s basket area to its inlet pipe area
is larger than 10:1, ensuring continued system performance even in the
most debris-ridden firewater.
The high capacity of the FP-60F-01-D/DV also results in a lower pressure
drop and allows longer intervals between cleaning and servicing.
NFPA 11, 13, 15 and 16 standards state that listed strainers shall be provided
in the main pipeline of all systems using nozzles where the water is likely to
contain obstructive material. Strainers shall be capable of removing all solids of
sufficient size to obstruct fire protection devices and equipment waterways
- UL-Listed and ULC size for Fire systems
- Low pressure drop – Safety and reliability, ensures firewater
- Easy in-line maintenance – Large diameter flushing valve
for fast and easy interim cleaning
- Suitable to prevent clogging – Nozzles, sprinklers or
other types of fire system discharge outlets. Designed
to trap foreign material of 3.2mm (1/8″) diameter or larger
- Large screen basket – Large basket area, Increasing
system reliability and safety
- Suitable for installation in any position – Refer to
installation and maintenance section
- Compatible for use with corrosive fluids and harsh
environments – High Build Epoxy coated body/cover
and stainless steel 316 screen
- Suitable for Foam Systems – For use with foam
proportioners or foam generators in compliance with
NFPA 11 requirements.
- Water spray systems
- Deluge systems
- Fire monitors
- Automatic sprinkler systems
- Foam proportioner/generator provided in the water line
- Upstream of Pressure Control valves
- Upstream of a Sensitive System Devices