Hydraulically operated control valve that controls reservoir filling and reservoir level. The valve shuts off at a pre-set reservoir high level and fully opens in response to an approximately one meter (3 ft) level drop, as sensed by the 3-Way altitude pilot mounted on the main valve.
BERMAD 400 series valves are hydraulically operated, simple and reliable, globe valves with full bore hydrodynamic body providing an unobstructed flow path and superior performance. The valves balanced rolling-diaphragm assembly is vulcanized with a rugged radial seal disk construction, performing as the valves only moving part.
- High quality construction materials ensure reliable, long lasting operation
- Full bore valve port area and hydrodynamic body ensure unobstructed flow path; minimal pressure loss with low cavitation damage
- Fully supported and balanced rolling diaphragm – low actuation pressure and excellent low flow regulation performance
- Ensured operation after long standby periods
- Straightforward three major components design – easy and simple on-site inline maintenance with minimal down time
- Ensures uninterrupted supply to building occupants dependent on the reservoir system for their water needs
- Unique level sensing device; the valve performance does not affected by the difference in altitude between the valve and the reservoir
- Hydraulically operated 3-way altitude pilot (no electricity needed); ensures full opening and closing in low pressure conditions
- Level sensing with no moving parts, no float needed – no waves effect and corrosion, enabling easy inspection, calibration and maintenance
- Level control in water reservoirs of buildings, including basement and roof-top reservoirs, pressure breaking tanks, emergency water storage, and so others
- In reservoirs, located few floors above the control valve, where hydraulic float cannot be used
- Where engineering considerations force the installation of narrow and tall reservoirs that therefore cannot be controlled by hydraulic float
- Priority and backup management of reservoirs
Note: Standard water level above pilot ranges at 2-14m; 7-46 ft, for other options consult Bermad
BERMAD BC-450-80-P maintains high and low water levels with high accuracy pilot valve that senses reservoir water level head from a sensing point at the bottom of the reservoir and controls the main filling valve accordingly. As backup another level control valve is stationed upstream and calibrated to a slightly higher water level. The backup valve can be specified to operated hydraulically (BC-450-66-P) or electrically (BC-450-65-P).