Hydraulically operated, diaphragm actuated pressure reducing system, consisting of a BERMAD BC-720-P PRV and an integral “Watchdog” backup valve. The system reduces a high upstream pressure to a lower, constant downstream pressure, regardless of fluctuating demand or varying upstream pressure. The “Watchdog” backup valve is fully open in normal operation due to its double chamber configuration, minimizing head loss and maximizing flow through the valve. Should pressure rise downstream of the BERMAD BC-720-P because of valve failure, the “Watchdog” quickly responds and triggers an alarm, while providing stable pressure to consumers until the PRV is repaired.
BERMAD 700 series valves are hydraulic, oblique pattern, globe valves with double chamber unitized actuator, that can be disassembled from the body as a separate integral unit. The valves hydrodynamic body is designed for unobstructed flow path and provides excellent and highly effective modulation capacity for high differential pressure applications.
- High Quality Construction Materials – Reliable, resilient and long lasting operation
- Robust Design – Suitable for constant, intense operation
- In-Line Serviceable – Quick and easy maintenance and service
- Line Pressure Driven – Independent operation, no external power needed
- Unitized Actuator Assembly – Minimal downtime
- Hydrodynamic Body with Unobstructed Flow Path – Minimal noise and cavitation damage
- V-Port Throttling Plug – Low flow stability
- 2-Way Control Loop – Immediate, accurate response to sudden system variations
- Adjustable Pilot – Easy field pressure setting and calibration
- Compact Structure – Installation in confined spaces
- Built-in Redundancy – Safe and continuous water supply
- System Failure Indication – Immediate notification to maintenance personnel
- Reduces pressure for separate pressure zones in hi-rise buildings
- Reduces incoming pressure from municipal water supply
- Minimizes water supply disruption due to PRV failure
- Allows for both “on floor” and “mechanical floor” installations to provide the most convenient access
Pressure Reducing System, featuring a BERMAD BC-72S-H-P system to reduce high incoming pressure to a lower downstream set-point while minimizing the possibility of total water shut-off and a low flow bypass branch for low demand operation. For information on the other BERMAD products in this system please see the product data sheet for the BERMAD BC-73Q-P and BERMAD BC-70F-P.