The Model 820-PP High Pressure, Proportional Pressure Reducing Valve is a hydraulically operated, piston actuated control valve that reduces higher upstream pressure to lower downstream pressure at a fixed ratio.
- Robust structure, piston actuated – High pressure service
- Line pressure driven – Independent operation
- Elegant simplicity
- Most cost effective
- Simple to maintain
- Minimal external accessories
- Built-in check feature – Replacing line sized check valve
- In-line serviceable – Easy maintenance
- Double chamber – Moderated valve reaction
- Flexible design – Easy addition of features
- Semi-straight flow – Non-turbulent flow
- Stainless Steel raised seat – Cavitation damage resistant
- Obstacle free, full bore – Uncompromising reliability
- V-Port Throttling Plug – Low flow stability
There are two major applications for the Model 820-PP High Pressure, Proportional Pressure Reducing Valve:
- Long downhill lines:
- Systems A1 and A2 prevent the downhill line from exceeding its pressure rating.
- High differential pressure systems:
- System B reduces cavitation damage and noise level by distributing the load of the high differential pressure.
- System C illustrates protection of a circulation valve from high differential pressure and resultant severe cavitation.
- System D shows protection of a level control valve from high differential pressure.